Christmas is supposed to be the most wonderful time of the year, but bring friends and family together, add a little alcohol, and it can also be the funniest. That’s the feeling you get from Classic Friars Club Roasts – it’s like a Christmas family reunion on steroids.
We’ve gathered some of the best comedy roasts of all time for your holiday viewing fun. After you’ve watched our celebrity roasts and classic outtakes, you’ll also want to enjoy these funniest Christmas TV shows and movies:
- Roseanne, “White Trash Christmas”: With characteristic Conner impunity, Roseanne’s family ignores the neighbors’ request to tone down their Christmas decorations. What can be wrong about wise men who spend more time adoring Mrs. Claus than baby Jesus?
- “Jingle All The Way”: Yes, it’s Arnold Schwarzenegger as a harried dad who waited too long to pick up the kids’ Christmas gift. As they say, hilarity ensues.
- Friends, “The One With The Holiday Armadillo”: Who would think it takes an armadillo, Superman, and Santa Claus to explain the Hanukkah miracle to a small child? The “Friends” writers brought it all together in one hilarious episode.
- Scrooged: If you’re tired of the treacly classic interpretations of the Charles Dickens classic, try this outing with Bill Murray as Scrooge. It’s always funny watching evil TV executives as they try to learn how to be nice.
- Santa Claus Conquers The Martians: And why not? Martian kids need overpriced toys, too. Watch the original, or take a peek at the Mystery Science Theater 3000 episode which has great riffs on this terrible yet amazing Christmas movie.
- 30 Rock, “Ludachristmas”: Forget Seinfeld’s Festivus; 30 Rock has the ultimate in alternative Christmas celebrations, served up with a side dish of angst. Meanwhile Jack Donaghy and his mom set out to prove that Liz Lemon’s family is just as dysfunctional as everyone else during the holidays.
Have a jolly holiday with Classic Friars Club Roasts – perfect for entertaining, your own viewing, or as gifts. Order the Jack Benny Roast, Milton Berle Roast, Johnny Carson DVD, Jerry Lewis Roast, or Don Rickles roast for just $14.99 each, or get the whole collection for only $89.95. Don’t forget the Bonus DVD with classic outtakes. We also have gift cards available.
GREAT NEWS: You can now watch Friars Club Roasts online anytime, anywhere on your laptop, TV, phone and tablet! Streaming memberships are available for $11.66/month, $28.74/quarter or a best value of only $95.52/year. Call us now at 866-987-3678 to order Friars Club Roast videos for your Christmas viewing entertainment.
Q&A with Friars Club Roasts
Q: Don’t they ever roast women?
A: In fact they do, but it took quite some time to get to that point. Phyllis Diller once dressed as a man to get inside and see what the fuss was all about. Lauren Bacall sent an audio tape when they honored Humphrey Bogart. Since then, some of the women roastees have included Phyllis Diller, Sophie Tucker, Lucille Ball and Carol Burnett.
Q: Which roast is the funniest?
A: They all crack us up, but the DVD where Dean Martin roasts Don Rickles is one of our all-time favorites. Old Dino played the part of the lovable lush to perfection but he could certainly get serious when it came to delivering a punch line.
Q: Would these make a good holiday gift?
A: Why didn’t we think of that sooner? Seriously, though, who doesn’t love a good laugh? And these are some of the best jokes that you and the lucky recipient will ever hear.
About Classic Friars Club Roasts: With Classic Friars Roasts you can own the best comedy roasts of all time on DVD. Order the Johnny Carson Roast or watch as Don Rickles roasts Hollywood legends. Erupt in laughter as Dean Martin roasts Don Rickles. Visit the website at http://classicfriarsroasts.com to learn more about these brilliant comedy sketches. “Like” the Facebook page for hilarious insights into Friars Club Roasts.